Travel retail is the sales channel targeting travellers in duty-free zones such as airports and cruise terminals. Both digital channels and the in-store experience come together in making the user experience more convenient and memorable during their travels. Travel retail marketing plays an important role in reaching potential customers at various stages of their travel journey.
Due to the unique nature of the travel retail sector, the marketing strategy formulated needs to cater to the behaviours and mindset of a traveller who may interact with multiple touchpoints across various devices and formats, both online and offline. It is extremely important to leverage the right channels and touchpoints to bring an engaging experience to your potential customers.
Through user journey mapping, our digital marketing team will gain a clearer understanding of our target audience as travellers. This is then used to create an integrated marketing strategy that leverages the channels with the highest efficacy for reach, awareness, and conversion, working with various partners such as duty-free retailers, trade media, and industry influencers to amplify the marketing efforts.
Our team’s services include campaign planning for product launches, building brand and product awareness, partnership marketing, influencer marketing, and media buying, to name a few.
The Macallan Global Travel Retail - New Product Launch Campaign
- Lack of O2O strategy
- Fragmented customer journey
- Missed opportunity for data collection for customer re-engagement and campaign performance analysis
- Using AR in-store to engage offline users, bringing them onto digital channels
- Data collection for remarketing
- Integrated marketing plan to reach users at different stages of their travel journey
- Improved the seamlessness of the customer journey and brand experience
- Reconnected with online users across multiple channels
- Measured success of campaign through gathered data on digital channels, setting a benchmark for future campaigns
The team at RFI have had extensive experience working with travel retail clients and have a deep understanding of the importance of the online-offline-online strategy required to engage the traveller audience segment. With full-stack digital marketing capabilities from strategy development to execution, campaign ideation to design and copy development, RFI can help your travel retail business achieve its brand and business objectives.